Precision Engineering Manufacturer
A demanding brief in the precision engineering sector - an industry away from our main specialism. We were challenged to source candidates with international sales experience, selling to wide ranging engineering industries, strategic sales and marketing planning experience, ability to deal with internal staff issues and grow a team both internally and of international agents and distributors, engineering background with the ability to pick up the technicalities of honing machinery manufacturing and uses.
- Vacancy instructed early February
- Extensive advertising and networking in new areas to source suitable candidates, resulting in 60 applications.
- After over 20 initial telephone qualification interviews we produced a short list of 12 candidates all of whom were good matches in every aspect of the brief.
- Carried out competency based interviews for each of the twelve face to face while client away on business trips in USA and India.
- 6 short listed for interview with client, which I also sat in on.
- 3 identified for 2nd interviews from which an offer was made and accepted early April for 1st May start.
- Duration 2 months to offer (including delays due to client travelling abroad) - 3 months to start