Skills: BIM, Housing, Light Steel Frame, MMCs - General, Modular Building, Offsite Construction, Timber Engineering / EWP, Timber Frame
Role: Architectural Technician, Architectural Designer, Designer
Location: North East, North West
Salary: £25,000 - £34,000 per Annum
Sector: Design / Technical, Modular Building
Working for an innovative and dynamic, recently established, well capitalised business, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Architectural Design Technician, proficient in Autodesk Revit
Architectural Design Technician
£££ Salary up to £34,000 + bonus
Working for an innovative and dynamic, recently established, well capitalised business, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Architectural Design Technician, proficient in Autodesk Revit.
Working as part a factory based product development team, under the leadership of the Product and Marketing Director, the Architectural Design Technician will perform a variety of design and drafting activities, including preparing and updating the product 3D models, preparing general assembly and co-ordinated drawings in an appropriate 2D format, maintaining part and component hierarchies, to maximise the flexibility of the design and to deal effectively with the increasing requirement for product variety and variations.
The Architectural Design Technician will be responsible for interpreting the requirements of the customer and the architectural designers to ensure that the products, components and parts designed meet these requirements and comply with appropriate building codes, regulations and other relevant compliance standards.
The Design team will also play a pivotal role in driving and controlling the Engineering Change Request system, as the product design evolves, maintaining the physical and digital records of both the base designs, the variants and the ‘as built’ records.
- Liaise with internal and external customers, end users, statutory bodies and design consultants to ensure smooth delivery of the project through all stages of design
- Assist on all stages of the new product design process to control and interrogate the activities of external design consultants and internal design team members
- Providing expert technical advice, maintaining consistent link to the end users, clients and statutory bodies
- Identify and manage risks identifying design solutions to eliminate, reduce or control risks during the construction and final operation of the building
- Liaise with internal and external clients, end users, statutory bodies and design consultants to ensure smooth delivery of the project through all stages of design
- Participate actively design team meetings
- Comply with the processes stipulated under the companies BOPAS and other Quality Assurance Processes, liaising with all relevant bodies as required
- Work with internal and external designers to discharge any conditions or approvals
- Provide information and support to achieve/maintain BOPAS or other accreditation scheme compliance
- Ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with ilke Homes BIM Protocols
- To work in a safe and sensible manner within the boundaries of the Company Health and Safety Policy and any additional site restrictions.
- A good degree in an architecture, engineering or science based discipline
- English and Maths pass at GCSE / ‘O’ Level
- Experience in offsite product manufacture with specific knowledge of new product design development is desirable
- Working knowledge of CDM 2015 Regulations
- Knowledge of Building Regulations and BOPAS accreditation scheme
- Full working knowledge of Autodesk design tools including Revit, Vault and AutoCAD
- Positive, self-motivated and able to work effectively without close supervision
- Excellent communications skills, oral, written and using PowerPoint or similar
- With the ability to work as part of a multi-functional team, respecting alternative professional skills and opinions
If you would like to find out more, please feel free to give Becky Hamilton or Lynsey Greenwood a call on 0117 959 2008 for a chat.
Key Skills: Architectural Technician, Architectural Design Technician, Architectural Designer, Architecture, Offsite, AutoCAD, Revit