Architectural Technician / Architect
Skills: Building, BIM, Housing, Offsite Construction, Sustainability, Timber Engineering / EWP, Timber Frame
Role: Architectural Technician, Architectural Designer, Designer
Location: South West
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 per Annum
Sector: Design / Technical
Do you want to join a passionate / family-feel company with the potential to become an associate director?
Architectural Technician / Architect
£££ Salary flexible to attract
- Looking for an experienced architectural technician / Architect to join a passionate, family-feel company
- Are you ambitious and have the drive to become an associate director within the company?
With a growing workload of exciting projects in their field of cycle and sports infrastructure buildings and spaces, in London and beyond, we are looking for a qualified architect OR architectural technician to produce their medium scale, mixed-use projects. This will vary from a complete cycle centric office refurbishment design, city centre super cycle hub creation, sports structure design including stadia and velodromes plus all the associated master planning that will surround the schemes. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate design flair, a passion for architecture and place making and possess a good working knowledge of building construction with sustainability and legacy infrastructure at the fore.
- Run projects from start to finish
- Co-ordinating a design team of in house product designers and external construction professionals and will report directly to the principle
- Work closely with the design team and use your developed technical ability to ensure projects are within specification and manage the overall design process within the RIBA work stages
- Deliver projects within strict time limits and adhere to any budget constraints
- Attend site visits to check on progress, ensuring that the project is running on time and to budget
- Effectively manage the production of NBS specifications & integration within project cost data sheets
- Liaise with the client and external consultants, attending design team meetings, managing collaborative communication streams and ensuring that the design projects are on schedule
- Production of supporting planning application documentation including D&A and CDM reports will be your responsibility with administration support from the in-house team
- Post stage 4 site inspections and reporting will be your shared responsibility, ensuring that all works are carried out to our specific standards, building codes, guidelines and regulations
- Experience in a similar role, if qualified ARB chartered this is advantageous
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good working knowledge of the revised building and CDM regulations
- Excellent client-facing and communication skills
- Well-presented, have a good quality portfolio of work
- Excellent UK practice experience and an up-to-date knowledge of planning stage processes and methods
- You will be a motivated, enthusiastic individual with a strong technical ability and proven experience of using Autodesk Revit and BIM software on a daily basis
The position will provide an opportunity to work within a very pleasant and enjoyable environment in a company that is growing year on year and consequently can provide potential for career progression with a future associate director position available for the right candidate.
If you would like to find out more, please call Becky Hamilton or Lynsey Greenwood for more information on 0117 959 2008
Key Skills: Architect, Architectural Technician, Architecture, Design, Cycling, Construction, Offsite, Revit, BIM, Director