Architectural Design Technician
Skills: Offsite Construction, Modular Building, MMCs - General, Light Steel Frame, Housing, Developer, Building
Role: Designer, Architectural Designer, Architectural Technician
Location: North East
Salary: To £34,000 + bonus
Sector: Construction, Design / Technical
to £34,000 + bonus | Exciting business | Supportive and team-based ethos |
Architectural Design Technician
£££ Salary to £34,000 + bonus
Working for an innovative and dynamic, recently established, well funded business, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Architectural Technician, proficient in Autodesk Revit.
Working as part of the product development team, under the leadership of the Product and Marketing Director, as Architectural Technician you will be performing a variety of design and drafting activities, including preparing and updating 3D models, preparing general assembly and co-ordinated drawings in an appropriate 2D format, maintaining part and component hierarchies. Your will be playing a key role in maximising the flexibility of the design, dealing effectively with the increasing requirement for product variety and variations.
You will be interpreting the requirements of your customer and the Architectural Designers to ensure that the products, components and parts designed meet these requirements and comply with appropriate building codes, regulations and other relevant compliance standards.
As part of the Design team you will be playing a pivotal role in driving and controlling the Engineering Change Request system, as the product design evolves, maintaining the physical and digital records of both the base designs, the variants and the ‘as built’ records.
THE ARCHITECTURAL TECHNICIAN ROLE:
- Liaise with internal and external customers, end users, statutory bodies and design consultants to ensure smooth delivery of the project through all stages of design
- Assist on all stages of the new product design process to control and interrogate the activities of external design consultants and internal design team members
- Providing expert technical advice, maintaining consistent link to the end users, clients and statutory bodies
- Identify and manage risks identifying design solutions to eliminate, reduce or control risks during the construction and final operation of the building
- Liaise with internal and external clients, end users, statutory bodies and design consultants to ensure smooth delivery of the project through all stages of design
- Participate actively design team meetings
- Comply with the processes stipulated under the companies BOPAS and other Quality Assurance Processes, liaising with all relevant bodies as required
- Work with internal and external designers to discharge any conditions or approvals
- Provide information and support to achieve/maintain BOPAS or other accreditation scheme compliance
- You have a good degree in an Architectural, Engineering or Science based discipline
- Ideally you will have experience in offsite product manufacture with specific knowledge of new product design development
- You possess good working knowledge of CDM 2015 Regulations, Building Regulations and BOPAS accreditation scheme
- You have full working knowledge of Autodesk design tools including Revit, Vault and AutoCAD
- You are positive, self-motivated and able to work effectively without close supervision
- Your communications skills are excellent, both oral and written and you will be familiar with using PowerPoint or similar
If you would like to find out more, please apply today or call Paul on 0117 959 2008 for further information.
Key Skills: Architectural Technician, Architectural Design Technician, Architectural Designer, Architectural Technologist, Architecture, Offsite, AutoCAD, Revit, housing, BOPAS, Building Regulations