Autocad Design Technician - Commercial Fit Out
Skills: Curtain Walling / Facades / Cladding, Other
Role: Cad Technician, Designer
Location: South East
Salary: £11 - £17 per Hour
Sector: Design / Technical
3-month contract followed by a rolling month by month contract. - Partition specialist working on large secured and exciting projects
AutoCAD Design Technician - Fit Out
££ Day Rate - Flexible to attract
- 3-month contract followed by a rolling month by month contract.
- Partition specialist working on large secured and exciting projects
Our client, a partition specialist, is looking for a contract AutoCAD Technician from a commercial fit out background to come and join their team in Reading. They combine design aesthetics and flexibility with outstanding performance. Always starting with their customers, they put the customer at the very centre of everything they do, continually developing and refining their product range to find the perfect partition solution.
The Design Technician will play an integral part in all aspects of the project, from design concept through approval process, manufacture and installation of the product. There is a key emphasis for the design technician to immediately assist the team with creating and amending internal partitioning site layout drawings, sourcing external data where necessary and translating this into the requirement of the project. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring compliance with CDM and Health & Safety as appropriate and all relevant legislation.
- Work with existing team members to complete design and layout AutoCAD drawings for a large ongoing project
- Complete material ‘call-offs’ from the layout drawings
- Offer technical/design input from past experience
- Possibly attend site meetings to provide technical assistance
- Maintain project schedule and provide project support where necessary
- Provide on-site technical assistance when required
- Organise appropriate drawings to support site installation and sequencing of site programme
- Oversee site installation/method of build guides
- Ensure business complies with relevant CDM Regulations
- Ensure design and installation complies with expected Quality Assurance
- A proven history of interior fit-out and creating AutoCAD layouts.
- Excellent knowledge of how partitioning is built.
- Ability to interpret CAD drawings.
- Interpret specification and relevant data.
- Relevant experience in appropriate IT Software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both internally and externally.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative and part of a team.
- Have a logical, analytical and creative approach to problem solving.
If you would like to find out more about this role, please click "apply" or contact Rebecca Hamilton on 0117 959 2008 for a confidential chat.
Key Skills - AutoCAD Technician, Design Technician, Designer, AutoCAD, Partitioning, Partition, Interior Fit out, Fit out, Interior Design, Commercial fit out, Folded Metal, Ceilings