Skills: Building, Housing, Manufacturer, Modular Building, Offsite Construction
Location: East Midlands
Salary: £250 - £350 per Day
Sector: Manufacturing, Construction, Modular Building
Job Title: Buyer
Location: East Midlands
Sector: Offsite Construction
Term: Minimum 3 Months
Our client are at the forefront of modular building manufacture, establishing new factories to produce high quality housing. Well-funded, and run by some of the UK's leading experts this is an exceptional opportunity to help take offsite manufacturing forward to new levels. Buyers with experience across MRP II and or ERP are required to assist managing procurement processes.
Main Purpose of the Role:
- To source goods, materials and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, considering price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
- To undertake SRM activities to drive continuous improvement and innovation through the supply chain
- To work across the group to ensure opportunities are maximized and that a coordinated approach is maintained.
Principal accountabilities, including but not limited to:
- Undertake strategic sourcing activities utilizing established business tools and templates
- Support the development and communication of a sourcing strategy to shape purchasing decisions
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Support the planning function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities
- Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organization
- Monitor market trends and competitor strategies.
- CIPS membership preferred
- Proven experience as a buyer with a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Must have Experience in MRP II (Manufacturing resource planning) and or ERP
- Working knowledge of MS Office and ERP systems
- Excellent knowledge of purchasing tools and techniques
- Good with statistics
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Can handle ambiguity
If you are interested in this role please contact Rob Elford or Rhian Newman of ARV Solutions on 01179592008, alternatively click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV for consideration.
Key Words: Buying, Procurement, Modular, Offsite, Housing, Early Adopters, Technology, MRP, ERP, CIPS