Cad Designer - Modular
Skills: Bathroom Pods, Cabins / Lodges / Portable, Light Steel Frame, Modular Building, Offsite Construction, Timber Engineering / EWP, Timber Frame
Role: Cad Technician, Designer
Location: East Midlands
Salary: £24,000 - £30,000 per Annum
Sector: Design / Technical, Modular Building
Two CAD Designers wanted to join a dynamic, modular building company based in Nottingham.
CAD Technician - Modular x2
£25,000-£30,000 (dependent on experience)
We have been instructed by a manufacturer of bespoke modular buildings to source two CAD Designers to join their dynamic tam in Nottingham.
With over 50 years’ experience in the modular and portable building field they were never going to be satisfied with a small regional hire business and in 1995 our Client opened its first manufacturing plant in Manchester and expanded to include the sale of modular buildings as well as its growing hire fleet.
The CAD Technicians will be responsible for:
- Preparing layout tender drawings and manufacturing drawings using AutoCAD of both steel anti-vandal and modular units for client issue and for use within Sales and Production.
- Working closely with sub-contractors e.g. M&E to ensure that the products offered integrate neatly within the modular buildings.
- Assisting with the maintenance of an effective in-house CAD system, administer software solutions to the team i.e. implement REVIT for BIM.
- Continuing the development of a robust BIM strategy to roll out throughout the company.
- Liaising regularly with Sales, Production and external clients/architects by telephone and email regarding project specifications.
- Qualified to a Degree or HND/HNC level in a construction or engineering related discipline
- Previous experience in a similar role within a manufacturing or construction environment
- Experience using AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Ability to produce accurate working construction drawings
- Accuracy and attention to detail / excellent problem-solving skills
- A broad knowledge of building materials and their properties
- The ability to meet competing deadlines in a calm and professional manner
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work on own or as part of a team
If you are interested in this position please click "apply" or give Rebecca Hamilton a call for a confidential chat on 0117 959 2008
Key skills: CAD Technician, CAD Designer, Modular, Steel frame, AutoCAD, Revit