Skills: Building, Fabricator, Light Steel Frame, Offsite Construction, Sub Contractor
Role: Cad Technician, Design Engineer, Designer, Technician
Location: West Midlands, Wales, South West
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per Annum
Sector: Construction, Design / Technical
Salary to £40,000 | Steel Buildings | Small, motivated and dedicated team | Varied tasks | Involved from project conception to handover | Work with clients and specialist consultants
Design Engineer - steel buildings
Salary to £40,000
Full time, permanent
- Be part of a small, highly motivated and dedicated team
- Great opportunity to make this job your own - potential for varied tasks
- Be a part of projects from conception to handover
- Potential for involvement with clients and specialist consultants
We seek a Design Engineer for a highly successful and dynamic business involved in the design, supply and management of projects for steel buildings (cold rolled and hot rolled systems). They supply to both industrial and commercial projects as well as domestic, education, leisure and utilities and are ISO 9001 accredited.
This Design Engineer role will be a key member of the Project Design team, preparing designs (using AutoCAD, Sketchup and some 3D modelling). At order stage, your drawings will include detail designs, general arrangements and construction drawings as well as compiling Bills of Materials and sourcing materials for the projects. Throughout the project, you will be sourcing materials.
We are keen to hear from you:
- Experience or knowledge from steel-based construction - either as Design Engineer or Site Supervisor
- Good literacy and numeracy and excellent IT skills particularly AutoCAD (3D would be highly advantageous)
- Able to work to detail and with accuracy
- Strong communication skills at various levels
- Able to use initiative and common sense
- Aware of commercial pressures and able to change priorities to suit "live" projects
- Strong team working ethic and demonstrably enthusiastic
- Full car driving licence and able to travel (pool car provided) to sites
You will be working in a relaxed yet professional and dynamic atmosphere, where excellent customer service is of paramount importance. There is a good social element to facilitate the team ethos, as well as weekly project meetings. Although it is a flat structure, there could be opportunities to develop your career (more information can be provided when we speak). Training is seen as an essential way to ensure your skills are up to date to do the job, and you are encouraged to bring new ideas and to take an active involvement in product development. This role will give you lots of variety to your working day where you will be able to use your initiative and think on your feet.
Apply to this vacancy or if you would like to discuss the role in complete confidence, please call Phoebe or Sue on 0117 959 2008.
Key skills: design engineer, technician, designer, steel, construction, draughtsman, detailer, AutoCAD
Gloucester, Worcester, Hereford, Cheltenham, Monmouth, Ross on Wye