Skills: Building, Offsite Construction
Role: Design Manager
Location: East Midlands
Urgent requirement | high value projects, multiple sectors | Key design contact liaising with construction colleagues
Construction Design Managers
Freelance £daily rate
High value projects in multiple sectors | Key design contact liaising with construction colleagues |
Freelance Design Managers required for a Main Contractor who has a significant presence in the Modern Methods of Construction sector. Working on a range of public sector and commercial turnkey projects, this assignment will keep you busy and challenged.
As Design Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Providing primary design oversight for a number of projects running concurrently, co-ordinating with Construction and Project Management Teams and their Managers, ensuring timely completion of design information
- Liaising with your colleagues in Commercial and Construction departments with regard to selection and assessment of Subcontractors
- Managing allocated resources within projects under your remit, producing project design programmes
- Ensuring Design Risk Assessments are created and maintained for each project, where both company and CDM requirements are satisfied
You will also have some line management responsibilities for Design Engineers and Technicians as well as making a contribution to the development of new product standards.
You must have the following:
- Qualification (Higher Education: Degree, HND/HNC or equivalent) with a professional accreditation
- Proficient in use of AutoCAD, REVIT, and/or other 3D Modelling software
- Proven solid experience in a design role in construction
- Experience of managing a design team, allocating and monitoring design workload, overseeing individuals’ personal development
**Your application will not be considered if you do not possess the above**
Please apply today and be sure to include your required daily rate. This is an urgent requirement so your application should be dealt with quickly. Please call Sue Eustace if you would like to discuss the role in more detail.
Key skills: Construction Design Manager, turnkey, Main Contractor