Skills: Joists / I-beams, Roof Truss, Timber Engineering / EWP
Role: Designer, Graduate, Technician
Location: West Midlands, East Midlands
Salary: £23,000 - £26,000 per Annum
Sector: Design / Technical
Work for a UK Leader in Timber Engineering and modular roofing systems
We are searching for a Designer to join an expanding team, the successful candidate will be working for a large Timber Engineering company. The overall purpose of the designer is to prepare and produce manufacture and installation drawings for the fabrication and construction of the timber engineered products. Reporting directly to the Estimating and Design Manager and working alongside a team of Designers. The designers duty will be to communicate with the client both verbally and through written instruction to gain approval for the construction drawings. A key role of the designer is to communicate with all departments and ensure all information is available for the successful installation.
- To create manufacturing drawings and material schedules for fabrication .
- To create construction drawings for installation.
- To be responsive to on site queries and efficiently solve issues arising from site derived idiosyncrasies.
- To be responsive to administrative and in house queries relating to scheduling of materials.
- To update the Design Department Workflow to ensure visibility of projects to other departments
- Other duties may be required of you that are not specific to your role
What do you need for the role?
- A*-C Grade in English and Maths at GCSE level or Similar
- Confident IT skills, proficient use of AutoCAD 2010 and MS OFFICE
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbal
- Maintain quality of work
- Ability to work to tight timescales
- Good communication skills
- The ability to follow strict health and safety guidelines
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with Stakeholders at all levels
- Positive attitude, willing to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business
- Good organisational skills; able to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines and targets where appropriate
- Promote a responsible and professional image at all times
If you are interested in the role then please contact Becky Hamilton or Lynsey Greenwood on 01179592008, alternatively please click 'Apply'
Key Skills: Designer, Technician, Construction, Timber engineering, AutoCAD