Skills: Housing, Manufacturer, Modular Building, Offsite Construction
Role: Technical Manager
Location: North East
Sector: Manufacturing, Construction, Modular Building
Join at an exciting phase in the journey | Excellent order book | Team working and collaborative culture | Good benefits including car allowance
c£60,000 + car allowance (can be flexible to attract)
Full time, permanent
Calling degree-qualified Engineering Managers / Technical Managers from manufacturing and/or construction...
We are working with a relatively new company who are already seeing success, with a product that is in huge demand, and the factory is already busy fulfilling their existing orders with more orders on their way. The company is keen to instil a culture of collaboration, placing a huge priority on its people. Although benefits are still being finally formalised, they are already offering (in addition to their competitive salaries) a bonus scheme, health insurance, a good holiday allowance and health and death in service insurance. This new position also offers a car allowance.
Working in this excellent role your responsibilities will involve:
- Leadership of a team of Process Engineers and Manufacturing Engineers who are providing a technical service to the manufacturing facility
- Owning the manufacturing processes, through utilising lean philosophies in conjunction with Production and Quality management including the development and implementation of new processes for continuous improvement
- Taking responsibility (including budgetary) for the specification of equipment and machinery, ensuring there is a strong business case
- Degree qualified (in Engineering, Manufacturing or Science discipline)
- Good knowledge of Structural Engineering and/or Manufacturing Engineering and related experience
- Proven track record of implementing change, to budget and timescales
- Good leadership skills, gained from managing project teams
- Commitment to continuous improvement and lean manufacturing methodologies
- Previous experience in specifying machinery, tooling and other equipment for a manufacturing facility
- Proven ability to work with New Product Introduction
- Good working knowledge of CDM 2015 and other regulations associated with construction and manufacturing for construction
- Strong leadership skills, able to be flexible and work within a multi-functional team
- If you also have experience in modular building, volumetric construction or other offsite construction systems, we would be very keen to hear from you.
Does this read like your ideal job?
If you are appointed in this role, you will be joining a team of highly enthusiastic and motivated professionals, who are fully engaged in this exciting business.
Please apply today, or to discuss in confidence, please call Paul Blackwell or Sue Eustace on 0117 959 2008.
Key skills: Engineering Manager, Technical Manager, Engineering Process Manager, manufacturing, construction, offsite, NPI, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement