Skills: Timber Engineering / EWP, Offsite Construction, Joists / I-beams, Housing, Building
Location: South West
Salary: £23,000 - £28,000 per Annum
Sector: Manufacturing, Construction
Long Established Employer - Strong Team Culture
Job Title: Estimator
Sector: Engineered Wood Products
Salary: £23,000 - £28,000
- Are you an experienced estimator who has priced works for housebuilders?
- Are you comfortable in working form construction drawings?
You will be joining the head office of this multi-site building materials provider. As a member of the busy estimating team you will be reading from technical drawings to produce quotations on the application of Engineered Wood Products for housing developers and building contractors.
Interpreting plans from Engineers and Architects, you will provide detailed quotes for structural flooring. It is essential that you are able to understand and interpret construction drawings, with experience in working with CAD.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaising with House Builders, Developers, Architects and Engineers to ensure “best-fit” and economical solutions
- Follow orders through from initial enquiry stage to project completion, dealing with any queries
- Communicating with production staff to ensure they are provided with information for manufacturing and required deliveries are met
- Previous knowledge/experience of CAD software
- Ability to understand a set of building/working drawings
- Systematic and methodical working approach
- An eye for attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Competent IT skills and confident with using Microsoft packages
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple site projects
If you are interested in this role please contact ARV Solutions for an initial conversation. Alternatively click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV for consideration.
Key Skills: Estimating, CAD, Take Offs, Quotations, Pricing, Engineered Wood Products, EWP, Flooring, Cassettes, Joists, Housing, Architects, Developers, Engineers