Freelance Site Manager
Skills: Main Contractor
Role: Site Manager
Location: West Midlands
Salary: £250 per Day
Sector: Manufacturing, Construction
Leading Contractor - Long Term Contract - Site Manager
Job Title: Site Manager
Project: Multi Storey Steel and Concrete Frame
Day Rate: £250 / Day
- As a Freelance Site Manager with steel frame and or concrete experience would you like the opportunity to work on a £12 Million 6 month contract?
- Do you have experience as a Site Manager of running large steel works jobs of 1000tn+?
- Would the option of working shifts appeal to you?
If you have said YES to all of the above then this exciting opportunity could be for you.
ARV Solutions has been requested as the agency of choice to recruit a freelance Site Manager on an exciting yet time critical steel and concrete project in the Midlands area.
This multi-disciplinary engineering steel fabricator is proud in providing innovative and prefabricated construction techniques thus offering bespoke solutions to their end clients.
One core element of their business is the construction of multi storey car parks. My client is looking for a SITE MANAGER who will have a key role in managing the steel and concrete sub contract specialist thereby supporting my client as having key management presence on site.
This is an exciting project for this specialist steel fabricating manufacturer and their end goal is to complete a £12 million 5 storey multi-story car park.
The core of the project works will include creating the concrete core, putting up the steel frame and laying the concrete slabs. The project itself is relatively straight forward but due to the programming schedule the project will be a challenge as the site will be operating 7 days a week and will be open from 6am til 10pm, where double shifts will also be operated.
My client is keen to commence inductions on the 23rd October with the project lasting for around 22 weeks. Given the pipeline of business that this steel fabricator has with other similar clients, there is also the possibility that a similar project will materialise after this one in the West Midlands.
The main elements of the role will be to manage and supervise the installation and erection of the concrete and steel frames and ensuring that H&S is observed and monitored at all times. You will also play a pivotal role in quality control to ensure the expectations of the client is surpassed on a shift by shift, day to day and week to week basis.
What do you need to apply for this role?
- Experience as a Site Manager having run multi million pound steel works or concrete jobs
- Experience of working for a specialist contractor – ideally steel and or concrete
- Ran projects that have involved in excess of 1000 tonnes of steel
- A solid understanding of steel and concrete products
- Experience of managing specialist sub – contractors
- Experience of working as a Site Manager on multi-story car park projects.
- All relevant site tickets including; SMSTS, 1st aid and CSCS.
- The flexibility to work as part of shift pattern that could include, early and or late starts and finishes and or adhoc weekends.
- An open mindedness into working with an innovative employer who are proud to be different.
- A strong understanding of Health and Safety and the implication for all key stakeholders.
What’s in it for you?
- A fantastic 22 week contract that may extend after this contract
- An opportunity for certain candidates to be taken on a permanent basis medium to long term
- The opportunity to work on a prestigious project that will add to valuable experience to your CV
This is an opportunity that must not be missed and medium to long term this well-established employer can offer the career advancement you could well be seeking. Do not delay contact Rob Elford on 0117 9592008 at ARV Solutions.
Key Skills: Steelwork, Concrete Frame, Site Manager, SMSTS, First Aid, CSCS Black