Skills: Timber Engineering / EWP, Roof Truss, Joists / I-beams
Role: Technician, Designer, Design Engineer, Cad Technician
Location: East Anglia, South East
Sector: Construction, Design / Technical, Construction Products
Salary to £35,000 | Good holiday allocation | Competitive pension | Real career progression opportunity
I-Beam / Joist Designer
Salary to £35,000 + good benefits
Full time, permanent
We are working with a manufacturer/supplier of I-Beams and Joists who are enjoying a period of growth, now seeking an I-Beam Designer or Joist Designer to join their new and growing team. They are part of a larger Group and thus enjoy the benefits of having a strong regional presence, as well as the support from the parent company.
As I-Beam / Joist Designer you can enjoy working on an interesting and wide-ranging set of tasks :
- Producing I-Beam and Joist designs for manufacture
- Maintain close liaison with your customers, responding to technical queries
- Producing accurate quotations and designs
- Liaise closely with the production team to ensure they are provided with the information they require for manufacturing
- We want to hear from you if you have:
- Proven experience in designing I-Beams and/or Joists
- Good working knowledge of specialist design software (eg MiTek, Wolf, GangNail, Alpine or similar)
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication and project management skills, ideally with customers such as housebuilders, building contractors etc
This is an excellent opportunity for an I-Beam Designer or Joist Designer. You will be joining a company who place a strong focus on working as a team. Each member enjoys a valued role within the organisation and each location has its own identity. Therefore, whilst technical skills are key, team fit is just as equally critical. This is a relatively new team, but growing to the extent that there could be some very real progression opportunities.
We can confirm this company has an excellent long-standing reputation in the Engineered Timber sector. They place a huge emphasis on innovation and development of new EWP products, working on a wide range of construction projects; both commercial and residential buildings.
Joining this company, you can expect a competitive benefits package including 25 days' holiday (+ Bank Holidays) and pension above the statutory requirement.
Has this stirred your interest? Please apply today or if you would like to find out more, please contact Paul Blackwell on 0117 959 2008 to discuss in confidence.
Key skills: I-Beam, I-Joist, Posi-Joist, Easi-Joist, Engineered Timber, Designer, Technician, Wolf, Mitek, GangNail, Alpine, EWP, timber engineering
We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.