M & E Design Manager
Skills: Offsite Construction, Modular Building, Mechanical, M&E / Building Services, Electrical
Role: Technical Manager, Designer, Design Manager, Design Engineer, Cad Technician, BIM Manager, Electrical Works Manager
Location: North East, North West
Salary: £55,000 per Annum
Sector: Design / Technical
Career Progression with a large national employer| Competitive salary and benefits package | A great team support network
M&E Design Manager
- Are you an experience M&E Design Manager or Building Services Manager?
- Do you have the ability to manage, coach and mentor teams?
- Have you got experience of working on Design and Build Contracts , with excellent knowledge of CIBSE guides, Building Regulations and Bulletins?
If so this exciting opportunity could be just what you are looking for!
A company with a strong reputation for high quality building design have instructed us to find a M&E Design Manager for their West Yorkshire site. They are a key subsidiary of a major Group, and leaders in their own particular construction sector. Every employee is encouraged to reach his/her goals and achieve success. The successful candidate will support colleagues including Design Coordinators/ Managers and operational and commercial teams with managing the design, delivery, coordination and design approvals for M&E Installations from pre-planning through to completion of works on site. The M&E Design Manager will manage the company mechanical and electrical consultants in the execution of their duties and where required assist in the management of sub-contractors.
- Supporting the head of design in the appointment of design consultants ensuring responsibilities are clear and aligned with project expectations. as well as assisting with the selection of design and build sub-contractors
- Review performance of sub-contractors and consultants in order to ascertain their suitablility to remain on the supply chain.
- Report monthly to the head of design in relation to any M&E key issues.
- Work in conjunction with the Digital Manager and Design Teams to deliver projects in accordance with BIM Execution Plans and EIRs.
- Ensure timely release of M&E design information for both construction and pre construction activities, ensuring plans are commercially viable and do not exceed budgeted costs without good reason and are in line qith quality requirements
- Review M&E Design information in relation to tender documents to ensure that designs are compliant, advising bid teams should you identify non compliance.
- Ensure the M&E design is accurately delivered through regular inspections both in the factory and onsite.
- Attend and occassionally chair client engagement and design team meetings arranging attendees for all company in house anf colsultant designer as required.
- Ensure key project milestones are met by supporting design team member through guidance and coaching sharing best practices.
The successful candidate will:-
- be an M&E Design Manager or Building Services manager with experience of managing, coaching and mentoring teams
- have experience of building services design from concept to completion including installation drawings, technical submissions and O&Ms
- possess working knowledge of CDM regulations and excellent knowledge of CIBSE guides, Building regulations and Bulletins as well as BREEAM, primarily within the education, healthcare and commercial build arena.
- hold excellent computer skills including Navisworks and REVIT
- ideally have experience within offsite and modular however training will be provided.
In this M&E Manager role, you can expect to receive:
- A competitive salary circa £55,000 with benefits which include Car or Car allowance
- Career Progression with a large national employee
- A great support network, as part of a team who come together to deliver excellent results
Interested? Apply today or if you would like to find out more about this excellent role, please call Paul on 0117 959 2008. All calls will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.