Skills: Manufacturer, MMCs - General, Modular Building, Offsite Construction
Location: East Midlands
Sector: Manufacturing, Modular Building
Competitive salary package | New role | Use your experience and ideas |
Competitive salary + benefits
Materials Manager with strong experience in a manufacturing environment required for one of our prestigious modular clients. This company is renowned for producing high quality modular buildings across a diverse range of sectors which include student accommodation, commercial, public sector and leisure.
This is a new role reporting to the Procurement Manager and is requiring leadership in developing processes in logistics, inventory materials and stock handling. You will also have a significant role in supporting implementation of MRP and Kanban.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Involvement in implementing MRP, Kanban and other innovations in the Stores function
- Managing stores for manufacturing, as well as leading a team (including operatives and Team Leaders) to deliver products and PPE for onsite operations
- Implementing and maintaining stock management system, including accurate stock records
- Implementing and sustaining continuous improvement using lean manufacturing methdologies
- Reporting and analysing data, KPIs
- Working closely with Production to ensure materials are in place to deliver within production timescales
- Managing a team within the Stores function, ensuring they are utilised and organised effectively
- Maintaining high standards within stores, including maintenance, housekeeping and organisation
This role will have a strong emphasis on changing/implementing new processes and systems, looking at implementing MRP systems and working with lean manufacturing.
- Previous management experience within a stores and/or materials control function in a manufacturing and/or construction environment
- Proven experience in implementing new and/or updating and improving processes and systems
- Proven ability to improve stores / materials control processes
- Excellent people skills, including experience in managing change
- Familiar with lean manufacturing including Kanban and Six Sigma
- Able to work effectively with Microsoft Excel
- Enthusiastic, driven, and with a can-do approach
- Able to demonstrate strengths in managing change
You will be working for a key player within its industry, who have a high quality, cost effective product range. They work across a variety of sectors, with a range of uses for its buildings. This newly created role comes with a competitive salary and good benefits package. If this role appeals, please apply today or if you have any queries, please call Sue Eustace on 0117 959 2008. Your call will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Key skills: Materials Control, Materials Manager, Stores Manager, Kanban, Six Sigma, MRP, Navision