Role: Planner, Project Coordinator
Location: South West
Salary: £22,000 - £32,000 per Annum
Sector: Manufacturing, Construction Products
We are working with a well-established manufacturer who has been working with sustainable methods for many years, with a strong product range and now required a MRP Controller to plan and coordinate scheduling, material and production planning activities in an effective and efficient manner to ensure that customer orders are achieved on time in full in line with delivery requirements.
To act as main point of contact regarding production orders and schedules and to accurately operate and maintain the MRP system in line with customer and business requirements.
• Using the MRP (Syspro) system, ensuring that raw materials and production consumables are planned, ordered and expedited effectively so that they are ready and available to use to meet the requirements of the production plan.
• Ensure material requirements are monitored/adjusted in accordance with customer demand. Ensure that key personnel are made aware of any potential concerns from the material suppliers such as delivery delays.
• Ensure that efficient and effective material stock control occurs and that the flow of material is in line with lean principles where possible
• Plan, control and coordinate production activities to ensure customer requirements are achieved on time.
• Analyse production process/machine capacities and highlight any potential areas of concern (bottlenecks) in an efficient manner, where possible identifying ways to issues (e.g. amending production plans / running orders).
• Prepare and issue suitable production plans, works orders and ‘work to’ lists for Production teams to follow. Ensure key priorities are communicated to key personnel in an effective manner (e.g. deadlines, special transport requirements).
Skills required for the role:
• Experience of material movement working with ERP/MRP systems is essential.
• Can plan and manage resources effectively, re-assessing and amending plans as required.
• Self-motivated and pro-active approach with ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment whilst still maintaining high level of attention to detail (accuracy).
• Good working knowledge of Excel and Word
This is a 6 month contract and will consider a pro rata salary of £25k - £32k.
Interested? Please apply today or call Craig, Paul or Sue on 0117 959 2008 if you would like further information.