Skills: Building, Manufacturer, MMCs - General, Modular Building, Offsite Construction
Role: Buyer, Planner, Stores
Location: South East
Salary: £36,000 - £40,000 per Annum
Sector: Manufacturing, Construction, Modular Building
Job Title: Procurement Officer Location of role: Hampshire Salary: £36k- £40k An exciting opportunity to join a company with a successful record in traditional build taking their product offsite
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location of role: Hampshire
Salary: £36,000 - £40,000
Description of Role
Main Purpose of role
- To source goods, materials and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, considering price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
- To undertake supplier relationship management activities to drive continuous improvement and innovation through the supply chain
- To work with all relevant stakeholders to ensure opportunities are maximized and that a coordinated approach is maintained.
- Undertake strategic sourcing activities utilising established business tools and templates
- Support the development and communication of a sourcing strategy to shape purchasing decisions
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Act as the planning function and support other colleagues, communicating any supply problems which may impact on business operations
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant colleagues on purchasing processes and new projects and activities
- Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organisation
- Monitor market trends and competitor strategies.
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities
- Track and review commodity movements and make recommendations as to how this could influence product design.
- Prepare reports and updates as and when required
- Work closely with others and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements
- Develop and manage the contractual relationships with key suppliers to manage business risk
- Adhere to any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of self, staff and visitors
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules where required
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies, procedures, and ethics during supplier negotiations, contracts award, and all discussions.
- Conduct research for new components and suppliers
- Utilise compiled data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation and drive improvement actions
- Assess and evaluate suppliers as required to determine new sources of supply by developing an agreed set of KPI measures.
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- Liaise with customer / sales / business development team to determine customer requirements
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required from management from time to time
- CIPS membership preferred
- Proven experience as a buyer with a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Must have Experience in MRP (Manufacturing resource planning) and or ERP (Enterprise resource planning)
- Working knowledge of MS Office and ERP systems
- Excellent knowledge of purchasing tools and techniques
- Good with statistics
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Can handle ambiguity
Communications & Working Relationships
- Industry groups
Internal: Sales / Business development team
- Supply Chain
Please apply today or if you would like to find out more, please call Paul Blackwell on 0117 959 2008. Your call will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.