Role: Factory Manager, Production Manager
Stable company | Supportive team | Commitment to quality | Good pipeline of work
salary to £33,000 + overtime + benefits
- Rare opportunity to join a well-run business with healthy pipeline
- Supportive team ethos
- Commitment to quality
This is truly a rare opportunity, as this family run business has traditionally promoted from within. Use your excellent people management skills and experience to join a company who excel in looking after their staff, and get to work with a product that is enjoying a significant increase in demand.
We are working with Britain’s oldest independent manufacturer and supplier of permanent modular buildings; their steel framed modular system is fabricated off site which can then be clad in traditional finishes to create permanent buildings. Their key markets are healthcare, education, commercial business, defence and custody solutions to name but a few. Due to a series of promotions, they are now seeking a Production Manager to oversee production operations within their factory in South Wales, ideally to start in January 2018.
The duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supervision of the factory staff including Team Leaders, Charge Hands and Subcontractors
- Planning production programme
- Planning and overseeing deliveries/collections of materials and completed units
- Reviewing designs with Team Leaders prior to manufacture
- Maintaining the highest standards for health, safety, quality and environmental considerations
- Working to targets and reporting regularly with Operations Manager
- Leading factory tours for clients and visitors
- Site visits for quality issues/improvement ideas
- Overseeing maintenance and general building/improvement works within the factory
We would be interested to hear from you if you can:
- Demonstrate an understanding of managing a factory workforce, both staff and subcontract labour
- Take a strong, assertive approach to managing people, able to face potentially difficult situations but with a keen focus on well-being
- Be an approachable manager, with strong interpersonal skills
- Take on a number of tasks at any one time, thinking ahead and with a keen awareness of the bigger picture
- Be confident with decisions you make
- Show a willingness to learn
- Take a logical approach, and demonstrate a degree of flexibility in terms of hours
If you have experience in managing production within the offsite construction industry (this could be modular buildings, timber frame, light gauge steel, volumetric or similar) this would be of particular interest.
Salary will be to £33,000 and will also offer overtime (time + half Monday to Saturday, double time on Sundays) plus stakeholder pension
Your contracted working hours are 7.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday, and 7.30am to 12.30pm Fridays
Holidays start at 22 days (+ Bank Holidays) but will increase after 5 years by one day per year up to 25 days per year
Are you interested to be a part of this great company?
If so, please apply today or if you require further information please call Debbie or Sue on 0117 959 2008. All calls will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Key skills: Production Manager, Factory Manager, Works Manager, modular, offsite, timber frame, volumetric