Skills: Joists / I-beams, Manufacturer, Roof Truss, Timber Engineering / EWP, Timber Frame
Role: Manufacturing Manager, Production Manager, Supervisor
Location: South West
Salary: £28,000 - £35,000 per Annum
Are you an experienced Production Manager within Timber Engineering? |Do you live in, or wish to relocate to Cornwall?
- Are you an experienced Production Manager within Timber Engineering?
- Do you live in, or wish to relocate to Cornwall?
This is an exciting opportunity for someone within industry to join a progressive and leading Timber Engineering Company that continues to grow and expand to meet the sector needs. Reporting to the Directors whilst managing multiple staff including, Production, Shipping and Office Staff. This is a full-time permanent position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing the day to day running of the manufacturing process including manufacturing output, cost targets, quality standards and on-time delivery
- Planning and organizing all production schedules
- Ensure control is in place to provide feedback of performance against targets to all team members.
- Liaising with design and sales teams to ensure necessary order fulfillment
- Assessing manufacturing and resource requirements to support current and future demands
- Estimating, negotiating and agreeing budgets with the management team
- Selecting, ordering and purchasing of all materials
- Organize repairs and routine maintenance of production equipment
- Manage employee recruitment, discipline or motivation issues
- Ensure current health and safety regulations are adhered within the facility
- Identifying and organizing relevant training needs for employees
- Minimum of 5 years' management experience of working in a medium size company or engineering/construction operation. Ideally including manufacture of timber frame panels, metal web joists, floor cassettes and trusses.
- Ability to plan, lead and motivate the manufacturing team in achieving weekly goals & targets.
- Ability to deal with changing production demands and perform well under pressure
- Strong leadership qualities, including the ability to contribute significantly to the management team.
- Excellent management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Professional manner, friendly and responsive during regular contact with employees and customers.
- Appreciation of the importance of compliance in this well-regulated sector.
- Provide a pro-active, "can-do" approach, with a flair for continuous improvement within the manufacturing area.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
If this is of interest please click apply or should you like to learn more please call and ask for Paul or Sue on 01179592008.
Key Skills:- I-Beam/Joists, Manufacturer, Offsite Construction, Production Manager, Roof Truss, Supervisor, Team Leader, Timber Engineering, Timber Frame, Timber Product, Manufacturing Manager
Location:- Newquay, Mawgan Porth, Perranporth, Lanivet, Indian Queens, Padstow, Crantock