Skills: Structural Steel, Housing, Light Steel Frame, Manufacturer, MMCs - General, Modular Building, Offsite Construction
Role: Factory Manager, General Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Production Manager
Location: West Midlands
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per Annum
Sector: Manufacturing, Modular Building
Production Manager West Midlands £45k - £55k
Production Manager required to initiate and establish a volumetric modular manufacturing factory, Responsible for the production facilities and teams building the components for Light Steel Frame residential properties., ensuring the work is completed safely, delivering on time, to budget, right first time in accordance with ISO management systems.
The role requires an energetic and positive leader, building the culture and establishing it as the company grows.
The role will be, but not limited to:
• Establish production programmes, deliver and monitor against them, provide 3-week look forward for team and one week, daily detailed plan for factory floors
• Establish and manage logistics and storage plans for goods in and out of factory, ensuring the factory operates with efficiency and operatives are clearly briefed
• Organise deliveries to site, liaising with site team on logistics there, any special requirements, ensuring they arrive on time
• Undertake regular reviews of production processes, engaging with the operatives, to ensure the continuous improvement, striving to increase productivity and decrease cost
• Prepare business cases for new equipment or changes to processes as required
• Responsible for managing the Health, Safety & Environment within the factory in accordance with the ISO9001 processes including risk assessments and method statements.
• Ensure quality processes are followed, including recording of checks, management of NCRs and preparation of quality record for completed homes
• Line management of factory supervisors
• Oversee training to new operatives to guide them through the skill competency matrix and enable them to carry out works safely and to the correct standard.
• Manage workforce demand. Identify additional staff requirements in advance and get involved in recruitment process.
• Responsible for ensuring the manufacturing drawings and details are to standard and correct prior to issuing to production teams
• Work with technical team to ensure any errors or omissions are corrected and to develop new details as required
• Identify all material requirements, place or ensure orders are placed and call offs managed for all materials required in production facilities
• Holder of a Full UK Drivers Licence
• Production Manager with a can do/collaborative attitude
• Strong Planning skills
• Able to read technical drawings within the construction industry
• Flexible / Positive / Strong Leader / Highly Organised
• Offsite / MMC experience highly considered
This is a real live job and they are able to hire straight away. Please give Craig Nicholls a call on 07904 487 849