Skills: Structural Steel, Fabricator, Light Steel Frame, Manufacturer
Role: Planner, Production Engineer, Production Manager
Salary: £25,000 - £33,000 per Annum
Production Planner required for a manufacturer, designer, installer of cold-formed steel products (metal decking, purlins, light gauge steel frames) This £30m business has a state of the art manufacturing facility with a team of 50 plus and will be looking at opening a new factory for new product lines.
As a Production Planner you will have:
• Overall responsibility for planning, organising, co-ordination and control of the production process within a specific production cell.
• Provide strong leadership and guidance to members of the team focusing efforts to achieve on time and in full deliveries to their clients.
• Ensure the company’s products are produced efficiently and are the correct quantity, quality and cost
• Manage the production process from issuing production documentation through to the planning and execution of deliveries ensuring product quality standards are achieved.
• Manage raw material stocks and report to senior management on a weekly basis
• Liaise with the manufacturing manager to ensure resource is available to achieve production plan and on time delivery.
• Drive continuous improvement throughout the production process through the use of effective KPI,s
• Oversee delivery plan and liaise with sites
• Negotiate with suppliers on selected bought in items and communicate to senior management
• Ensure that communication lines are in place with other departments to enable improvements process efficiencies.
• Ensure compliance with the companies Quality standards and Health and Safety policies.
They are looking for:
• 2 plus years’ experience working as a production planner in a steel processing / manufacturing environment.
• Excellent planning, organisational and communication skills and possess a high degree of attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate a team whilst working under pressure.
• Self-confident and self-motivated
In return they will offer an annual salary of £25,000 - £33,000
This position can lead into a Production Manager role.
Hours of work 0830 – 1700, Monday to Friday
For a confidential chat please call Craig Nicholls on 0117 959 2008 or email firstname.lastname@example.org