Skills: Manufacturer, Modular Building
Role: Quality Assurance
Location: East Midlands
Sector: Manufacturing, Construction, Modular Building
Quality Manager - lean manufacturing East Midlands Competitive Salary + benefits package
Quality Manager - lean manufacturing
Competitive Salary + benefits package
Quality Manager with a strong focus on lean manufacturing is required for one of our prestigious modular clients. This company is renowned for producing high quality modular buildings across a diverse range of sectors which include student accommodation, commercial, public sector and leisure.
This role reporting to the CEO and requires you to develop and implement both QA and lean manufacturing practices across the manufacturing and construction operations. You will then be involved in maintaining a consistent Quality Management system and driving overall quality and process improvements, using lean practices, particularly Kaizen.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Promoting the ethos of quality systems and lean manufacturing, developing a strong culture throughout the business
- Working on continuous improvement using Kaizen methodologies
- Compliance to KPIs and monitoring performance, implementing corrective actions and raising non-conformances
- Producing and monitoring quality documentation, ensuring this is kept up to date
- Auditing and checking products and processes
- Working closely with both internal colleagues and sub-contractors
- Training and supporting staff in quality and lean manufacturing
- Analysing and evaluating outcomes of continuous improvement
- Proven experience in a Quality Management role within the manufacturing and/or construction industry
- Able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of lean manufacturing, particularly Kaizen, Kanban, Six Sigma
- Strong interest in process improvement, with some proven experience in achieving efficiency improvements
You will be working for a key player within its industry, who have a high quality, cost effective product range. They work across a variety of sectors, with a range of uses for its buildings. This newly created role comes with a competitive salary and good benefits package. If this role appeals, please apply today or if you have any queries, please call Craig on 0117 959 2008. Your call will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Key skills: Quality Manager, ISO, lean manufacturing, kaizen, six sigma, kanban, engineering processes