Skills: Timber Frame, Offsite Construction, Manufacturer, Main Contractor, Housing
Role: Quantity Surveyor
Location: North East
Sector: Manufacturing, Construction, Modular Building, Timber Frame
** Take control of your career as a Quantity Surveyor ** Real opportunity to be involved in innovation, sustainability and doing things differently
Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £competitive to attract
** Bring your positive outlook and passion for your industry to a genuine innovator **
We are working with a company who have won multiple awards for sustainability, enterprise and design, with a genuine dedication to creating innovative, sustainable buildings, and a commitment to the people who help them achieve their goals, investing in regular coaching and development. We seek people who really do think differently, who are in tune with their desire to operate at "sporting excellence", taking responsibility for your work. We have seen this culture for ourselves and can appreciate it will not suit everyone. There are no egos here; it's your character that counts.
About the role:
- As Quantity Surveyor, you will be involved in all aspects of Quantity Surveying which will include pre- and post- contract cost control, seeing things through from inception to final account settlement, and preparing tender and contract documentation.
- You will take responsibility to ensure prequalification requirements are undertaken.
- You will be managing interim work progress, as well as measuring and pricing variations.
- Sourcing and procuring best value items will be critical, and you will be negotiating best prices, as well as assessing and monitoring the supply chain to ensure best value is provided.
- You will need to manage client, sub-contractor and direct labour relationships by regular contact.
- You will have a Quantity Surveying qualification to at least HNC level.
- Your experience of NEC contracts is extensive, as well as the procurement and management of sub-contractors.
- You have a good understanding of lean principles and methodologies to enable you to work towards continuous improvement, minimising waste and cost while maximising value
- You will have a keen awareness of needs of the end client (the homeowner) as well as a commercial awareness.
- Strong experience in the construction industry, ideally with housebuilding. This may be with a Developer, PQS or Main Contractor.
- You are positive, passionate, have a keen awareness of sustainable construction and enjoy working in an open and transparent atmosphere. You believe in taking responsibility for your work and have the drive and ambition to make it succeed.
In return, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Onsite gym available for staff use
- Career Progression - an ambitious development and acquisition strategy which will see the opportunities for you to continue to grow into the future
We look forward to receiving your application or you can call Rob or Rhian on 0117 959 2008 to discuss the role in complete confidence. More complete job description can be supplied if required.
Key skills: Quantity Surveyor, NEC Contracts, housebuilding, residential, timber frame, SIPS