Skills: Fabricator, Building
Role: Site Engineer
Location: West Midlands
Salary: £250 per Day
Sector: Manufacturing, Construction
Leading Contractor - 6 Month Project - Site Engineer
Job Title: Site Engineer
Duration: 6 months
Start Date: 23/10/2017
- Are you a reliable Freelance Site Engineer with steel frame and or concrete experience? Would you like the opportunity to work on a £12 Million 6 month contract?
- Would a project that operated 7 days a week be of interest to you as a Site Engineer?
If you have said YES to all of the above then this exciting opportunity could be for you.
ARV Solutions has been retained as the agency of choice to recruit a freelance Site Engineer on an exciting yet time critical streel and concrete project in the Midlands area.
This multi-disciplinary engineering steel fabricator is proud in providing innovative and prefabricated construction techniques thus offering bespoke solutions to their end clients.
One core element of their business is the construction of multi storey car parks. My client is looking for a SITE ENGINEER who will have dual responsibilities in both the setting out of the site whilst also providing a pivotal role in ensuring the sub-contractors are carrying out their duties as specified by the client
This is an exciting project for this specialist steel fabricating manufacturer and their end goal is to complete a £12 million 5 storey multi-story car park. The end client is a prestigious FTSE 100 automobile manufacturer.
The core of the project works will include creating the concrete core, putting up the steel frame and laying the concrete slabs. The project itself is relatively straight forward but due to the programming schedule the project will be a challenge as the site will be operating 7 days a week and will be open from 6am till 10pm, where double shifts will also be operated.
What do you need to apply for this Freelance Site Engineers role?
- Experience as a Site Engineer having worked on multi million pound steel works or concrete jobs (ideally multi storey car parks)
- Experience of working for a specialist contractor – ideally steel and or concrete
- All relevant site tickets including; SMSTS, 1st aid and CSCS (A black CSCS card if preferred)
- A civil engineering or construction related qualification (ideally HNC/HND as a minimum)
- The flexibility to work as part of shift pattern that could include, early and or late starts and finishes and or adhoc weekends.
- An open mindedness into working with an innovative employer who are proud to be different.
- A strong understanding of Health and Safety and the implication for all key stakeholders.
- Integrity, with the ability to commit to the role until the project is complete
What’s in it for you?
- A fantastic 24 week contract that may be extended
- An opportunity for certain candidates to be taken on a permanent basis.
If you are interested in this role please call Rob Elford of ARV Solutions on 01179592008 or click 'Apply' to submit your CV for consideration.
Key Skills: Steelwork, Setting Out, Site Engineer, CSCS Black, SMSTS, Multi-Storey