Software Technical Support
Role: Design Engineer
Location: West Midlands
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 per Annum
Sector: Design / Technical
£25-35,000 (depending on experience) + benefits Full time, permanent Market leading software house | Good range of technologies | Growing team | Challenge | Team working | Real career opportunities
Software Technical Support
Salary £25-35,000 (depending on experience) + excellent benefits
Full time, permanent
Market leading software house | Good range of technologies | Growing team | Challenge | Team working | Real career opportunities
:: Does the idea of working for a leading specialist Software House appeal?
:: Do you enjoy dealing with clients as well as working on the development side of software support?
Newly created Technical Support position for a major supplier of software products. Based in a friendly office in the West Midlands, you will be supporting the field-based Technical Support Managers as well as providing first and second line customer support.
The main duties of this role will be to:
- Provide support and development of new software applications, which could include web based applications as well as touch screen optimised applications
- Supporting and working on the development of the main software application and the Business Information and Reporting platforms
- Working on internal software applications, eg Microsoft CRM and QAD
- Close contact with the customer base, establishing requirements for changes to existing tools and assisting with the development of new applications
- Providing support to your customers which will be mostly via helpdesk telephone support but could include customer visits
- Working as part of the UK Technical Support team, contributing all areas of technical support offerings
Relevant training will be provided so knowledge of the specific applications is not essential, but below is a list of what you are likely to have right now:
- Computer Science Degree with some programming / development experience (either in a work situation or as part of your studies)
- Knowledge and experience of .net, C# and SQL Databases
- Good written communication and the confidence to liaise with your clients on the phone and face to face
- Ideally you will have some web development skills and experience
- You will be an outstanding team player, who will be constantly looking to learn, and not afraid to ask questions
- You embrace the opportunity to solve problems, using a logical and methodical approach
- Your attention to detail is strong
- You enjoy change, and will be ready and willing to take on and conquer new challenges.
Technical Support is a key role to enable an effective product for your customers, and this major company who are part of a global group provide a product that meets clients' needs, both to get the job done and to be a good user-friendly application. Although the company is part of a large Group who invest millions every year, they operate as an individual business, which means you get to work in a small, friendly office, never far from a decision-maker. You will be on the receiving end of some old-fashioned values, whilst using state-of-the-art technology. There is constant challenge and you will always be learning. You can also expect to have access to some excellent career opportunities.
Benefits include 25 days' holiday and a pension contribution that is well above the statutory requirement. You have a degree of flexibility in your start and finish times.
Interested? Please apply today or call Sue or Becky on 0117 959 2008 if you have any queries prior to application. Your call will of course be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Key skills: technical support, information technology, SQL, C#, .net, software, computer science