Role: Design Engineer, Quality Assurance, Technical Manager
Location: West Midlands
Salary: £30,000 - £45,000 per Annum
Sector: Design / Technical
Forward thinking company | exciting remuneration package | like to promote from within
£30000 - £45000
Based in Dudley the successful Software Tester will control the release product's quality by verifying that the software performs as expected, to an acceptable level of confidence, before shipping to customer. Release product quality cannot be assured simply by running lots of tests at the end of a development cycle. You will maximise quality assurance through liaising with a various stakeholders from various departments working together throughout the development process, helping to foster an environment where quality can thrive. You will have a solid understanding of the software being tested and an appreciation of the target audience and will be involved in new projects from the outset to ensure resulting functionality is testable and meets corporate quality standards. As Software Tester you will be committed to driving out quality issues. This commitment will enable you to execute testing consistently in every release cycle – a crucial attribute to control quality from one release to the next.
You will need to be analytical and tenacious, with good investigative skills. Ideally you will be technically minded with the skills necessary to progress test automation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Duties and responsibilities include the following: -
- Verify software function through software testing in a consistent manner.
- Determine appropriate resources required to test a single feature, bug fix, a set of software changes or a product release and document reusable tests in the form of test cases.
- Review test plans and activities to ensure the resource applied is commensurate with the impact on quality.
- Ensure a good working knowledge of the software modules being tested and the tools used in-house to perform Test Case Management, Defect Management, Testing and Automated Testing.
- Review defects to be implemented, determine how they should be tested.
- Carry out various forms of testing including but not limited to: production testing; accuracy testing; performance testing; regression testing and functional testing.
- Participate in requirements reviews.
- Collaborate with Developers and Product Managers to ensure that solutions are testable and meet corporate quality standards.
- Look for patterns in defects and requests. Instigate appropriate action to address those patterns effectively
- Strive to develop increasingly efficient and effective methods to meet quality objectives.
- This job may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Degree qualified in Engineering or equivalent alternatively 3-5 years experience.
- Strong knowledge of construction industry ideally roofing, timber frame or timber floors.
- Advantageous softwares include Roofcon / Trusscom, Mitek 20/20, Alpine View and Wolf Truss, AutoCAD, Solidworks, WoodEngine, HSBCad or Consultec.
- Language Skills - You will have the ability to write in English to effectively present information, it would be Advantageous if you could also speak one of the following Polish, Swedish, German, French, Finnish, Russian, or Czech.
What's in it for you?
- Salary upto £45k depending upon experience
- Pension scheme employer contribution to 6%
- Flexible working pattern (core hours 10:00-16:00)
- 25 days paid holidays + bank holidays
- Death in service insurance
Sounds good to me! Interested? then click apply or for more information call Paul on 0117 9592008.