Skills: Timber Frame, Timber Engineering / EWP, Structural Engineering, Precision Engineering, Offsite Construction, Light Steel Frame, Civil Engineering, BIM, Structural Steel
Role: Structural Engineer
Sector: Design / Technical
Structural Engineer - timber structures
Full time, permanent
- Are you a Structural Engineer looking for a new life in Canada?
- Looking to work on High Profile Projects?
- Want to move to one of the best places to live - it ticks a lot of boxes....
Structural Engineer required for a company located in one of the coolest districts of Toronto.
In addition to your attractive salary you will receive a relocation package, full sponsorship of your visa for three years and if you aren't already a Chartered Engineer you will be supported in your progression to Professional Engineer status. This could also see your career move into managing the design function.
With strong company growth, they are becoming an industry leader in the supply of solid timber construction, whose Designers, Engineers, Manufacturing and Construction people work closely together. They work with a range of clients including Architects, Developers, Contractors and Home owners to help reduce their carbon footprint and in the process, provide beautiful buildings.
Your role as Structural Engineer will include:
- Structural designs working to CSA code
- Preparing the necessary documentation to support your designs
- Working closely with your clients and the sales team in the specification process
- Supporting R&D and product development activities
We are very keen to hear from you if you have:
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or Timber Engineering (BEng (Hons), MEng or MSc especially)
- Chartered Engineer status or willing to work towards Professional Engineer status (with the Order of Engineers of Ontario)
- Ability to work to Eurocode 5 and/or BS5268 and willing to learn CSA standards
- Good working knowledge and/or experience with solid timber, timber frame, SIPS or hybrid timber systems
- Solid experience in CAD and BIM programs (if you have Revit, Cadwork, Navisworks this would be of particular interest)
- Excellent oral & written communication skills and exceptional self-management and organisational abilities
- A real pride in your work taking care with accuracy and attention to detail
Have you applied yet? Click apply in the usual way or call Sue Eustace or Phoebe Scott if you need further information before proceeding.
Key skills: Structural Engineer, timber, CLT, glulam, hybrid, EC-5, BS5268, CSA086