Skills: Timber Engineering / EWP, Structural Engineering, Offsite Construction, MMCs - General
Role: Structural Engineer
Location: East Midlands
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per Annum
Sector: Design / Technical
£35-40,000 + help towards Chartered Engineer status | Work on award-winning projects | Join a growing team
Structural Engineer - offsite construction
Full time, permanent
** Structural Engineers: great opportunity to work at the cutting edge of offsite construction and timber engineering **
** You could be working on ground-breaking and award winning projects **
We are working with a specialist supplier of innovative building systems who are part of an established construction Group based in the UK, now seeking a Design Engineer / Structural Engineer for their team in the East Midlands. They are ideally seeking Design Engineers with some proven experience in building structures but with a keen interest in engineered timber and offsite construction / modern methods of construction.
The primary responsibilities for the role:
- Producing structural designs (for member & panel sizing and connection designs) for live projects and to assist in the tender process and advising on the stability of structures
- Working with your internal and external colleagues including reviewing the designs of other Engineers, supporting the in-house drawing office
- Liaising with Main Contractors, Architects, Consulting Engineers or Clients attending design meetings at pre- and post-contract phases
- Playing a key role in commercial management to support the Contracts and Commercial teams
- A good Degree in Civil / Structural or Timber Engineering to MEng or MSc level, working towards (or willing to commence) Chartered status with the IStructE or ICE
- Ability to demonstrate your ability to read engineering drawings and specifications
- Good working knowledge of design codes (both British Standards and EuroCodes), and knowledge of EC-5 is highly desirable, although if you lack timber design experience you will be supported in developing these skills
- Strong appreciation and understanding of the impact of your designs on other trades and functions, commercial implications and "buildability"
- Excellent IT skills (especially Microsoft Office) and it would be useful for experience of structural design software (especially Master Series and CSC Fastrak software)
- Ability to work logically and methodically, on a number of projects concurrently
- Responding quickly to new challenges
- Understanding and ability to adhere to strict deadlines, to agreed programme and commercial constraints
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of acting on your own initiative within a demanding environment whilst maintaining a team approach
This really is a great company to work for, who will sponsor your career development and training. They reward long service by increasing holiday entitlement, medical insurance and other long-service awards.
For a chance to be a part of this company, apply now or call Sue Eustace or Phoebe Scott on 0117 959 2008 for further information. Your call will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Key skills: Structures, timber, glulam, CLT, engineer, offsite, EC-5, steel