Technical Design Manager
Skills: Developer, Housing, Main Contractor, MMCs - General, Modular Building, Offsite Construction
Role: Architectural Technician, Pre-Construction Manager, Design Manager, Technical Manager
Location: West Midlands
Sector: Construction, Design / Technical, Modular Building
Design process from concept to delivery | Real potential for progression | Large housing projects
Technical Design Manager
£50,000 - £60,000 (depending on experience, flexible to attract)
Full time, permanent
:: Do you follow designs through from concept to project delivery?
:: Are you an experienced Senior Architectural Technician with good management experience?
:: Are you looking for a new opportunity where there is excellent growth potential?
Technical Design Manager required for a company specialising in residential projects using modern methods of construction technology - eg modular building, light steel frame, timber frame etc. This role will see you managing the design process from a technical perspective, through from concept to project delivery, using your knowledge of Building Regulations, NHBC and Building Control requirements.
This will be your responsibility, so you need to be available for your design team, senior management and other external stakeholders and provide your technical and commercial expertise for efficient and timely delivery.
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- Proven technical experience in large scale residential projects
- Ability to provide detailed design for offsite construction housing eg timber frame, light steel frame, modular building, volumetric
- Strong track record involved at all stages of a project, from concept through to delivery
- Understanding of working with/for a main contractor, pre-construction with a focus on the sub and super structures.
- Good commercial awareness, able to provide specifications and BoMs as well as the drawing package
- Knowledge of BIM, AutoCAD and Revit as well as Microsoft Office software
- Solid understanding of Building Regulations, NHBC and RIBA Stages 1-3 and knowledge of BOPAS would be an added bonus
**PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE ALL THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS**
This is a growing business, with strong ambitions and this will be a key member of their senior team, so there are some real prospects for progression.
Please apply today or call Sue Eustace or Craig Nicholls for further information. All calls will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
key skills: Design Manager, Preconstruction Manager, Senior Architectural Technician, housing, residential, offsite, MMC, volumetric, modular, light steel, Revit, BIM