Skills: Building, Manufacturer
Role: Production Manager, Technical Manager
Location: North East, North West
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per Annum
Sector: Manufacturing, Design / Technical, Construction Products
Technical Manager West Yorkshire £40,000 -£45,000 As a market leading supplier of timber doors and associated products. Their brand is one of the most recognised and prestigious names.
As a market leading supplier of timber doors and associated products. Their brand is one of the most recognised and prestigious names with both builders merchants and the retailers across the UK.
They have a track record of helping homeowners transform the spaces they love through their innovation and their constantly evolving product range spanning 25 years. Innovation is at the heart of what they and forms part of their corporate values. They operate from their West Yorkshire and now supply in excess of 400,000 doors every year through their extensive customer network.
Variety is the spice of life and this role will involve working with a number of different departments
Technical Department Functions
- Technical Drawing and Specification Database Management.
- Supplier Production, Specification and Pricing
- Quality Assurance: Product Assessment and Supplier Quality Measuring/Reporting
- Supplier Factory Assessment including observation and suggesting improvements to Factory Production Control
- Independent Product Testing and Certification
- Prototyping New Products
- Producing Technical Manuals and Instructions
- Production of Customer Specifications: Timber Sourcing, Construction, Dimensions, Weights, Packaging
- Incorporating new and changing Building Regulations, European Standards, Construction Product Regulations and Environmental concerns into XL product specifications
- Competitor Pricing Analysis, New Product Assessment and Reporting
- Special Projects Lead: Feasibility studies and projects related to day to day operations, e.g. reviewing warehouse requirements, implementing new delivery services, etc.
Support Functions For Other Departments
Customer Care Department:
- Conflict Resolution
- Claim Settlement
- Investigating and Technical Analysis of Complaints and Supplier/ Customer feedback
- Management response to issues referencing: Trading Standards, Sales of Goods Act, Legal Action, Regulatory Requirements, Warranty.
- Site Inspector feedback assessment and technical advice
Joinery/ Spray Shop Department:
- UK Pre-finishing Management
- Doorset Management and Secondary processing
- Intra-company support functions, e.g. Display Stands, Warehouse Maintenance.
- New Product Development: Prototype Assembly and Assessment
- Technical Helpline & e-mail assistance: Frequently Asked Questions, Quality/ Product feedback
- Advice regarding suitable suppliers for various criteria
- Environmental Compliance
- Fire Doors
- Production Capability
- Factory suitability by product
- Producing Bill of Materials and pricing for non-standard door products, e.g. Door Stains, Trifolds, French Doors, External Doorsets, Frame Kits and Hardware
You will: -
- be a Technical or Production Manager, ideally experienced in Joinery Manufacture, NPD, product prototyping and Lean processes.
- have knowledge of Building Regulations, CE Marking and Construction Products testing and accreditation.
- ideally be experienced in doors and doorset manufacture and assembly.
- be familiar with FSC/ PEFC and EUTR of benefit.
- able to decipher and qualify tender documents, to produce specifications and schedules.
Please apply today or if you would like to find out more, please call Paul Blackwell on 0117 959 2008. Your call will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.