Skills: Offsite Construction, SIPS, Timber Engineering / EWP, Timber Frame
Role: Technical Manager
Location: East Midlands
Salary: £35,000 - £50,000 per Annum
Sector: Design / Technical, Timber Frame
Timber frame manufacturer seek a Technical Manager to join their team based in Bedfordshire
Salary up to £50,000 + Car/Allowance
Our client, a major Timber Frame manufacturer has an immediate requirement for a Technical Manager to join their dynamic team, working on a range of residential and commercial projects for major hotels, developers and retail groups, due to an ever-increasing order book. This role is to manage and work for a well-established company in the timber engineering arena. With a strong ethos of innovating and developing new Timber products, the company has an excellent reputation for producing Timber Frame buildings across the United Kingdom.
- Manage both internal and external design projects, ensuring they are completed in a timely manner, within budget and in accordance with PSL scope of works and appropriate building regulations.
- Work closely with the internal team, suppliers and customers to lead the company on all technical matters – (for example product conformance, standard detailing and the development of higher performance and/or more cost-effective solutions).
- Establish ways to differentiate the company in the marketplace through technical leadership.
- Assist the sales team in securing new projects.
- Through technical engagement, work with the company’s core clients to both enhance existing and to build new relationships.
Requirements for the role:
- Timber Engineering related background
- Good understanding of construction detailing around timber frame or similar offsite system
- Maybe in similar role already or an experienced designer wanting to move in to a more senior role
- Great communicator, self-starter and inquisitive attitude
- Degree qualified in relevant discipline to construction industry
This is a fantastic opportunity with real career progressions moving in to the Senior Management team over time.
If you would like to find out more, please give Rebecca Hamilton a call on 0117 959 2008 for a confidential chat.
Key Skills: Technical Manager, Senior Designer, Design Manager, Timber Frame, Timber Engineering, Offsite construction