Skills: Light Steel Frame, Structural Steel
Role: Designer, Cad Technician, Architectural Designer, CAD Designer , Structural Engineer, Architectural Technician
Location: South West
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 per Annum
Sector: Design / Technical
Tekla Draughtsperson Dorset £25,000-£35,000
Our client is looking for a Tekla Draughtsperson to be based in Dorset. This group company has various divisions and this role would be based i. As a member of one of their specialist division’s Design team. You will be working for a large Construction Engineering Company specialising in structural steelwork, who aim to deliver excellence across a variety of different sectors and markets with a steadfast focus on safety and quality. Our client works an expansive portfolio of large commercial structural steel projects from airports, commercial new builds and refurbishments, infrastructure, energy and waste. Throughout their product knowledge and experience they have demonstrated a commitment to the continuous improvement of safety and quality in all of their projects.
As Tekla Draughtsperson you will:
- be responsible for the production of Tekla Structures models and general arrangements from the mode production drawings and schedules
- be producing safe designs which are fully compliant with specifications of the project and the national standards and regulations
- deliver the designs within budget and on programme
What do you need for the role?
- Have and maintain the appropriate skill level in the operation of your CAD system(s) (Tekla Structures, & AutoCAD etc.)
- Production of designs that are safe, fully compliant with project specification, national standards and other statutory regulations.
- Management of the Draughting design process, as required, to achieve the delivery of production / construction information in line with project programme.
- Production of project Draughting resource programmes that are integrated with the requirements of the project and reflect the engineering inputs required by other members of the team.
- Provide accurate reports on project status in terms of progress against programme and budget, highlighting risks and opportunities.
- Liaise with the project design team, internal or external, as necessary.
- Undertake the appropriate level of checking on each project.
- Provide assistance to the project construction teams as necessary, including site and factory visits as required.
- Provide Draughting support to the pre-construction teams.
- Production and checking of structural interface details.
- Participate and support product and system development.
- Assist with the training and supervision of other in house engineering and technicians.
- Implement the Company ISO 9001 quality procedures in relation to these activities.
- Fully execute the CDM responsibilities of both the company and the individual.
- Implement the company SHEQUAL procedures.
- Actively participate in safety initiatives and communicate any suggestions to improving work activities to improve safety.
- Represent the company in external forums as required.
- Understand and comply with the Environmental policy, duties and requirements.
- Embrace learning and development opportunities
If you are interested in this role or would like a confidential chat with more information, please call Paul on 0117 959 2008
Key skills: Designer, Design Manager, Steel, Light Steel Frame, LSF