Timber Frame Designer
Role: Architectural Technician, Architectural Designer, Cad Technician, Design Engineer, Designer, Graduate, Technician
Location: South East
Sector: Design / Technical, Timber Frame
Salary to £32,000 (some flexibility for the right candidate) | Great company, forward-thinking, progressive | Truly beautiful and interesting projects | Involved from order to handover
Timber Frame Designer
South East - Kent
£24-32,000 (can be flexible to attract)
Full time, permanent
** Are you an experienced Construction Designer, particularly interested in modern methods of construction?
** Would you describe yourself as organised and highly enthusiastic?
** Does the idea of involvement in projects from order to handover have a particular appeal?
Timber Frame Designer is required to join one of the most proactive independent timber frame / timber engineering companies. who are seeking to add to their design team. This vacancy is due to a significant increase in the their workload.
This role will give you exposure to some great projects, both locally (South East England) and further afield in the British Isles, as well as working with some of the larger Housing Developers and Construction Companies. Your projects could range from one-off bespoke residential projects to some large developments and you will be able to see the project through from confirmation of order through to manufacturing and installation, with regular liaison with Clients, Architects and Engineers as well as your colleagues in Manufacturing and Construction.
What will you need for this role?
- Experience of design for construction, ideally in timber frame or alternatively other offsite construction / MMC building systems
- A good level of computer skills is essential
- Experience with AutoCAD is essential, and if you have working knowledge of industry design software this would be of particular interest
- Bags of enthusiasm tempered with a highly organised and disciplined approach, and a wish to work to continuously improve yourself and your work
- Knowledge of, and a very real passion for technical design for construction
- Good numerical skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
** Trainee candidates also considered with HND/HND or Degree or an equivalent qualification in Construction, Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering or Architecture or similar **
If this reads like your kind of opportunity then please apply today, or if you would like more information before applying, please call Sue Eustace on 0117 959 2008 - all calls handled with complete confidentiality.
Key Skills: Designer, Technician, Timber Frame, Timber Engineering, CAD, Revit, GangNail, AutoCAD, Mitek, Wolf, Alpine, Consultec, Woodengine