Timber Frame Designer
Skills: Offsite Construction, Roof Truss, SIPS, Timber Engineering / EWP, Timber Frame
Role: Timber Frame Designer, Design Engineer, Designer
Location: International, UK Wide
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per Annum
Sector: Design / Technical, Timber Frame
Senior Timber Frame Designer Channel Islands - Jersey c£40,000+ with relocation package Full time, permanent
Senior Timber Frame Designer
Channel Islands - Jersey
c£40,000+ with relocation package
Full time, permanent
- Do you want to work for a company at the forefront of eco-friendly timber frame construction?
- Are you interested in moving to the beautiful island of Jersey?
- Would you like to use your timber frame design skills while taking responsibility for driving part of the business?
We are looking to find an experienced Timber Frame/SIPS Designer who has a passion for their design work and is driven both technically and commercially.
The client has offices in the Channel Islands and would like the new addition to their team to be based on the beautiful island of Jersey. The projects they work on vary between bepoke one-off building that are very "Grand Designs-esque" to residential housing for local authorities.
In your role as Timber Frame Designer, you will be:
- Autonomous working
- Preparing timber frame designs for the range of projects as indicated above
- Communicating with your customers, attending site meetings and producing estimates
- Having a significant input in the future direction of the business
- Previous experience in timber structure design and the construction industry
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD (experience in Consultec or WoodEngine would be advantageous)
- Good working knowledge of current building regulations and standards
- Good communication skills and the ability to liaise direct with customers
- Commercial awareness, able to take responsibility and drive business forward
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and PC literate
- Excellent attention to detail
- Practically minded and a team player
- SIPS design experience would be highly beneficial
- A willingness (ideally a real desire) to move to Jersey
If you would like to find out more about this role, please apply today or call Paul Blackwell on 0117 959 2008 for a confidential chat.
Key Skills: Timber Frame Designer, SIPS Designer, Designer, Design Technician, Timber Frame, SIPS, Offsite, Housing, Consultec, WoodEngine, Mitek, Jersey