Trainee Joist Designer
Skills: Joists / I-beams, Offsite Construction, Roof Truss, SIPS, Timber Engineering / EWP, Timber Frame
Role: Cad Technician, Designer, Graduate
Location: East Anglia
Salary: £18,000 - £33,000 per Annum
Sector: Design / Technical, Timber Frame
A leading manufacturer of Engineered Timber Products in the UK seeks a Designer/Estimator to join their branch in Norwich.
Trainee Posi Joist Designer
East Anglia / Norwich
Salary - £18,000-£33,000 (Dependent on experience)
- Are you looking for a Trainee role to learn on the job?
- Is your passion to work in Construction?
- Do you want to work for a company that will train and provide great progression?
A leading manufacturer of Engineered Timber Products in the UK seeks a Designer/Estimator to join their branch in Norwich. Operating from eight sites around the UK, the past few years have seen this business steadily increase its product range to include panels, spandrels, open web joists and Finn Forest Engineered Wood Products.
With two new branches recently opened in the South, this well established and ambitious employer plans to carry on growing and have no intention of slowing down.
- To maintain customer liaison and provide a knowledgeable technical service both in the office and onsite visits where they may occur
- To interpret customer requirements and prepare appropriate quotations and any technical details that may be necessary
- To generate enquiries from new and existing customers, to follow up quotations and obtain orders on behalf of the Company
- Attending internal and external training courses which your line manager feels are appropriate
- Liaise with customers and provide a knowledgeable service both in the office and onsite visits
- Attend customer/site meetings as required
- Liaise with relevant internal staff/production teams etc.
- Qualifications in a construction related discipline
- Customer focussed with excellent customer service skills
- Well-organised and able to work unsupervised, prioritising tasks
- Results orientated and able to get it right the first time
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal and able to communicate effectively at all levels
- AutoCAD experience
- 30 days holiday per year, including Bank Holidays
- Contributory Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Life Cover
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Working hours: 08.30 to 17.00 Monday to Friday
If you are interested in this position, please give Rebecca Hamilton or Lynsey Greenwood a call on 0117 959 2008 for a confidential chat.
Key Skills - Designer, Estimator, Posi Joists, Joists, Timber Frame, Timber Engineering, AutoCAD