Skills: Distributor, Manufacturer, Timber Importer, Timber Merchant, Timber Sawmill, Other
Role: Operations Manager, Planner
Location: East Midlands
Sector: Manufacturing, Business Support
Salary c£30,000 | Bonus approx 20% of salary | Excellent benefits | Monday to Friday | Excellent staff retention and commitment to people |
c£30,000 + bonus + excellent benefits
Get in touch if you are an experienced Transport Manager:
Good package of salary, bonus and benefits | Genuine commitment to people | Excellent staff retention figures | Monday to Friday working week
Calling Transport Managers in Birmingham...
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Transport Manager to work for a major player in its field - you will be managing a small team with a fleet of vehicles ranging from 3.5t to 18t. Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the maintenance and servicing of the fleet
- Planning routes and managing the loading and unloading of the vehicles
- Providing ongoing training for all Drivers, including induction and regular ongoing training and development
- Adherence to Health & Safety and other legislative requirements
- Maintaining an excellent relationship with customers and internal colleagues
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- Inspirational and strong leadership skills, able to take a hands-on approach when necessary
- A "can-do" attitude which you instill in your team, able to work to challenging goals
- Good people skills, promoting professional behaviour, empowerment and respect
- Demonstrable ethical values including an awareness of environmental impact
- Proven customer service skills, able to build and maintain strong relationships with your customers
- Strong commercial awareness, able to run a profitable operation
- A desire to seek continuous improvement, through setting objectives and KPIs
- National CPC qualification would be a distinct advantage
The excellent package of benefits includes bonus (typically around 20% of salary), 25 days' holiday + Bank Holidays, Healthcare and your working week will typically be Monday to Friday. Weekends and Bank Holidays are very much the exception here.
The company enjoys great loyalty from its people, and seeks to put on various social events throughout the year as well as rewarding long service.
Interested? If so, please apply today or call Sue Eustace or Paul Blackwell on 0117 959 2008 for further information. Your call will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Key skills: Transport Manager, CPC, Routeman